Arriving by Car:
Naval Air Station Oceana lies 16 miles East of the City of Norfolk but within the city limits of Virginia Beach, Virginia. The Air station is tucked away among the tall trees, swamps and farmland just west of the waterfront. Your first approach to the Air Station is from Interstate 64 East or West.
1750 Tomcat Boulevard
Virginia Beach, VA 23460
- Take I-264 East to First Colonial Road (South).
- I-264 East to First Colonial South Exit. Continue straight on First Colonial (First Colonial turns into Oceana blvd at the “S” curve).
- Follow Oceana Blvd for 4 miles (pass rail road tracks) and exit (veer) right after you pass the Oceana Stables.
- You are now on Tomcat Blvd., the main road leading to the front gate of Fighter Country.
Alternate Routes 1:
- I-264E Exit Lynnhaven Rd. South.
- Proceed on Lynnhaven South to International Parkway.
- Turn left at International Parkway (Lynnhaven Mall will be on right).
- Turn right on London Bridge Road to second stop light.
- Turn left on Dam Neck Rd. and follow signs for NAS Gate 2.
Alternate Route 2:
- I-264E Exit Birdneck Rd.
- Turn right on Birdneck Rd.
- Turn right on Bells Rd.
- Turn left on Oceana Blvd.
- Proceed to front gate.
Arriving by Plane:
If you are planning to attend the Air Show and arriving by plane, you must purchase an airline ticket destined for Norfolk International Airport. The airport is located about 20 miles west of Naval Air Station Oceana. Car rental and other transporation is available at the airport.